Saturday, November 12, 2011

Zzzzzz

Man am I tired (and its only 9 p.m.) so I'm going to make this brief.
I almost got a doe this morning. Right away too, like 6:30 a.m. It was staring right at me. My gun was raised, my sight on, by safety off. I was slowly squeezing the trigger and before it could completely clamp and activate, the doe raised its tail and ran the way it came. Shoot. I mean I didn't shoot-Dang.
No more close ones after that.
And now its evening. I just got done barely making a dent in the growing pile of unfortunate school responsibilities. I can feel the timeline choking me a bit, and that unfortunately is effecting the loveliness of my time in the woods. No way am I going to feel guilty. This is what learning is! Right now its not just about writing fictional plots and feelings associated with pent-up-ness. I want to experience and get my face wind-burned! I want to do so much in a day (really, a full day from beautiful sunrise to sundown), that sleep is both a mental escape and a physical rest. Usually I'm just a fatty who falls on the bed in habit. Now I'm a hiker who's worn to the bones, crawling in for a few hours before another early morning ahead.
In fact, that bed is calling, and tomorrows the last day. I have some doe-tags to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment