Sunday, November 13, 2011

Last Morning of MN gun deer

I sat barely concealed in the woods, on a blue chair, in bright orange, waiting for a parade of deer. At least thats what it looked like. Ha, I even had my legs crossed, my giant boot-blanketed foot looking like the stylish stiletto in the woods. I was on a slight slope you see, and this classy sitting position, gave me an arm rest. I would have been embarrassed had any one walked by.
The only things I saw today were squirrels, big ones, small ones, all loving to create a good startling racket. It was a good workout though, raising my gun up every two minutes because of a deceiving rustle. But, it was always a squirrel.
It is unfortunate that the only deer action on my last morning was a deer blowing because it smelled me this morning. It was still pitch black. There was nothing I could do. You know, I'm going to retract the term "unfortunate" from my other sentence, because its not. There was nothing unfortunate about the morning at all. That's better.


Bottle up the calm and save it for later, when it can weigh down all the unnecessary worries. It better last because I won't be back for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment